Thank you to the overwhelming support for our area teachers! Below, you can find some specific ways to help:
- If you have a specific item(s) you would like to give to a teacher, please post the information on the Facebook group. Link to the group here. Helpful information might include:
- description of the items (books, etc)
- intended grade level
- how you would be willing to ship or deliver
- how you would prefer to be contacted (private messages have been a good way to go without sharing your contact info widely: you can ask teachers to PM you who are interested)
- Note that many teachers do not have anywhere to store a lot of supplies right now. They may request that you hold items until they are more settled in a classroom.
- If you would like to adopt a class, please email us firstname.lastname@example.org. Our hope is that donors who adopt a class are interested in supporting a particular teacher and classroom for the following school year. We imagine that you might head up a small group of friends and you take the lead as the contact person for a teacher. When the teacher needs something specific, you would help coordinate on his or her behalf. We have many teachers who would like to be part of the adopt a class, so please reach out and we will make the connection.
- Below, you will find Wish Lists and Donors Choose projects that teachers have created. You can simply choose something off of their lists or donate to their Donors Choose projects. We will work to keep the links updated as teachers let us know their needs. (When you add an item to your cart on Amazon from a teacher’s wish list, at check out, the shipping address will be hidden, but the item will ship to the teacher’s preferred location.)
Ways you can support right now (SCROLL DOWN for most recent Wish lists):
ONGOING: Donate here to our Color a Classroom Fundly account: LINK. We use these funds to support teachers impacted by the fire with their immediate needs.
Thank you Donors for all your support! We recently updated this page since so many of the projects were fully funded thanks to you!
- Paradise Charter Middle School’s Amazon wishlist (they will continue to add to the list as they assess their ongoing needs, so check back too). LINK HERE
- Megan Rackerby is a teacher at Paradise Intermediate School. Sets of books, 4-6 per book, are a high priority for them. Here is their Amazon Wishlist: LINK HERE
- Christine Miles teaches at Pineridge Elementary. Link to her Amazon Wishlist HERE
- Yvonne Holland teaches 4th graders at Ponderosa Elementary, which is currently being hosted by Durham Elementary. DonorsChoose page, LINK HERE
- Jill Pearson and her team at Cedarwood Elementary could use some basic supplies: LINK HERE
- We have a lot of Amazon Wishlists from teachers at Paradise Intermediate! See the documentary featuring their school below. So grateful to all our educators and donors!
- Here is a Wishlist to support many of the needs for Paradise Intermediate: LINK You can also see specific needs for teachers in their links below.
- Erica Blaschke and Sherry Swenson You can find their Amazon Wishlist HERE. Link to the book list HERE
- Daniel Owen: LINK HERE
- Marc Kessler (science) LINK HERE
- Greg Holman (science/math): LINK
- Chris Hull (STEAM supplies): LINK
- Stephanie Minderhoud (resource teacher): LINK
- Dawn Kasperson (science): LINK
- Valerie Rolph (8th grade English): LINK
- Valerie Murufas: LINK
- Millie Teixeira (US History): LINK
- Kim Presentati (English): Link for classroom supplies; LINK for books
- Candy Finn (math): LINK
- Dan Owen/Tracy Park: LINK
We will continue to update the list links as teachers share and as their needs change during this recovery process. Please check back. And thank you.
THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT FOR TEACHERS AND STUDENTS!